[openib-general] re RDS missing features

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Mon May 1 07:12:40 PDT 2006

Can you elaborate on each of the features, specifically the following
points are of interest to us:

+1 so you running Oracle Loopback traffic over RDS sockets? if yes, what
the issue here?
the openib CMA supports listen/connect on loopback addresses (eg
127.0.0.1 or IPoIB local address)

+2 by failover, are you referring to APM? that is failover between IB
pathes to/from the same HCA
over which the original connection/QP was established or you are talking
on failover between HCAs

+3 is the no support for /proc like for RDS an issue to run crload or
demo Oracle (that is specific tuning
 and usage of non defaults is needed for any/optimal operation)

Or.

[openfabrics-ewg] Before we can start testing - we needto ensure that
RDS is fully ported.

Pandit, Ranjit rpandit at silverstorm.com

Following features are yet to be implemented in OpenFabric Rds:

 1.	Failover
2.	Loopback connections
3.	support for /proc fs like Rds config, stats and info.

Ranjit