[openib-general] re RDS missing features

Ranjit Pandit rpandit at silverstorm.com
Mon May 1 10:42:51 PDT 2006

On 5/1/06, Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz at voltaire.com> wrote:
> Can you elaborate on each of the features, specifically the following
> points are of interest to us:
>
> +1 so you running Oracle Loopback traffic over RDS sockets? if yes, what
> the issue here?
> the openib CMA supports listen/connect on loopback addresses (eg
> 127.0.0.1 or IPoIB local address)

Yes.
There is no issue. It's just next in line for me to implement.

> +2 by failover, are you referring to APM? that is failover between IB
> pathes to/from the same HCA
> over which the original connection/QP was established or you are talking
> on failover between HCAs

Failover within and across HCAs. APM does not work for failover across HCAs.

> +3 is the no support for /proc like for RDS an issue to run crload or
> demo Oracle (that is specific tuning
>  and usage of non defaults is needed for any/optimal operation)

No, this does not affect core functionality. You should be able to run
Oracle or crload without this feature.

That was a list of things that still need to be implemented for GA and
not just demo