[openib-general] RFC: detecting duplicate MAD requests

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Mon May 1 07:44:04 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 18:44, Sean Hefty wrote:
> Sean Hefty wrote:
> > I'd like to propose that the MAD layer detect duplicate requests.  After a
> > request MAD has been handed to a client, its context would be maintained until
> > the user calls ib_free_recv_mad(), allowing duplicate requests to be discarded.
>
> I should add that this also provides context that the MAD layer can use when
> performing DS RMPP.  On the initiator side, DS RMPP would be detected by an RMPP
> request that expected a response.  (This assumes that the response is also
> RMPP.)

Aren't there 3 cases possible here: (1) non RMPP request/RMPP response
(e.g. SA GetTable for one), (2) RMPP request/RMPP response (e.g. SA
GetMulti), and (3) RMPP request/non RMPP response (I don't think this
currently exists but may be mistaken). Are all handled on the
initiator/requester side ? Are the changes only for case (2) ?

>   On the responder side, DS RMPP is detected when an RMPP response is sent

The responder side sounds more straightforward.

-- Hal