[openib-general] OpenIB Linux and Solaris

Paul Baxter pauljbaxter at hotmail.com
Mon May 1 18:27:48 PDT 2006

Can anybody comment on recent experience regarding inter-operability of
OpenIB/Linux on Intel 64 bit  x86 and Sparx/Solaris using the Sun stack?

Ideally inter-operability would start at IPoIB and the SM but perhaps extend
to inter-operable SDP?

Has anyone tried porting some userspace low-level OpenIB verbs comms (UC,
RDMA write specifically). I am not experienced enough to understand if there
are any gotchas with unimplemented features in either the Solaris or OpenIB
implementations. I've not had much luck investigating the equivalent of
userspace verbs support for Solaris.

I notice that some of the commercial stacks offer cross platform support and
say 'OpenIB support, Linux, Windows, Solaris and Mac OS X'. I suspect this
might be subtle wording as I don't think OpenIB is ported toSolaris, ULP
support is using some Solaris 10 drivers instead?

Advice/ URL pointers appreciated (Google wasn't my friend!)

Paul Baxter