[openib-general] Re: SA MultiPathRecord v.PathRecord

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu May 4 11:38:35 PDT 2006

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
>>I'm just trying to determine how an implementation can make use of MPR to
>>understand the best way to expose it.  The use of MPR over just path records
>>seems complex.
>
> In terms of what ?

To be clear, that wasn't a criticism, just a statement that MPR provides
additional information to process.  If the goal of exposing MPR is just to
provide disjoint paths for failover purposes, that's a relatively simple task.
If the goal is to select paths to optimize traffic flow across the fabric, it's
a fairly complex operation, that I'm not sure we can provide value beyond basic
MAD support.