[openib-general] ip over ib throughtput

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Tue May 9 12:05:38 PDT 2006

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 11:36:45AM -0700, Shirley Ma wrote:
> What throughput did you get on two CPUs?

With one CPU, I get ~2.5-2.8 Gb/s. With two CPUs: 3.5-3.6 Gb/s.
The last SVN version I tested was 2.6.15 + r4929 (several monthes ago).

To be clear, "one CPU" means the netperf process is bound to the same
CPU as the one handling mthca interrupts with taskset. Ditto for netserver
on the other system. "Two CPU" means bind netperf/netserver processes
to a different CPU that is NOT handling the mthca interrupt.

Also note that the "Service Demand" (CPU us/KB) goes up by
10-20% also. So we really only want to do this when the CPU
handling interrupts is saturated and we know the other CPU
is available.

grant