[openib-general] svn 6829 version issue with rdma_ucm and userspace?

Ira Weiny weiny2 at llnl.gov
Tue May 9 15:25:07 PDT 2006

I have been struggling with getting svn6829 to work and this is one of the
latest issues.

# odev1 /root > simple_rdma -S
librdmacm: kernel ABI version 0 doesn't match library version 1.
Failed to create rdma_cm_id

This is a little rdma app I wrote which uses the rdma_cm userspace lib.

The code was pulled from svn6829 (both kernel and user level).  I had to make a
couple of minor tweeks (beyond Woody's backport) to get it to compile on our
2.6.9 based kernel but nothing which would cause the above AFAICT.

Am I not supposed to use the kernel code in svn6829?

Thanks,
Ira Weiny