[openib-general] svn 6829 version issue with rdma_ucm and userspace?

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue May 9 15:39:39 PDT 2006

Ira Weiny wrote:
> I have been struggling with getting svn6829 to work and this is one of the
> latest issues.
>
> # odev1 /root > simple_rdma -S
> librdmacm: kernel ABI version 0 doesn't match library version 1.
> Failed to create rdma_cm_id
>
> This is a little rdma app I wrote which uses the rdma_cm userspace lib.
>
> The code was pulled from svn6829 (both kernel and user level).  I had to make a
> couple of minor tweeks (beyond Woody's backport) to get it to compile on our
> 2.6.9 based kernel but nothing which would cause the above AFAICT.
>
> Am I not supposed to use the kernel code in svn6829?

This looks like a backport issue.  The library may be trying to read the
abi_version from the wrong location for the backport.

Normally, the abi_version file is found in /sys/class/misc/rdma_cm/abi_version.
  I believe that the backport patch moved this under something like
/sys/class/infiniband, which would cause the library to need to updated to read
from the new location.  Woody may have more information.