[openib-general] Quick RDMA Write with Immediate Data Item question

Steven Wooding steve.apo at googlemail.com
Fri May 12 15:24:08 PDT 2006

> The work completion will also include the length of the RDMA write.

This leads me to another question I had about memory protection for RDMA
writes. What's the best way to stop the sender accidentally writing a larger
message than they should of, if I didn't want to use a different rkey for
each message (as setting up rkeys is expensive and too inflexible for my
application).

Any thoughts?

Thanks for you answers to my original question. I thought this was the case.
Just could find it written down anywhere. My system is unavailable as the
moment, so I couldn't just do a quick test.

Regards,

Steve.