[openib-general] OFED RC4 also can't support >2000 connections

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Wed May 17 06:11:11 PDT 2006

Hi Zhu,

If you are using libsdp.conf to select which ports should map to SDP and
which to TCP you might run out of resources for tracking the opened
sockets.

Try increasing the following constant in libsdp:
libsdp/src/port.c line 48:
#define MAPPED_SOCKET_MAX	1024
to something like:
#define MAPPED_SOCKET_MAX	10000

Or, if you can use SDP sockets only (your config file is empty anyway):
SIMPLE_LIBSDP=1 LD_PRELOAD=libsdp.so squid -d 10 -f squid.conf
SIMPLE_LIBSDP=1 LD_PRELOAD=libsdp.so ./lt-ab -c 2000 -n 2000 -X
193.12.10.14:3129

Hope this fixes the issue you see

Eitan Zahavi
Senior Engineering Director, Software Architect
Mellanox Technologies LTD
Tel:+972-4-9097208
Fax:+972-4-9593245
P.O. Box 586 Yokneam 20692 ISRAEL