[openib-general] different send and receive CQs

Eric Barton eeb at bartonsoftware.com
Wed May 24 01:28:42 PDT 2006

> Are you not seeing any completions when you poll the CQ, or are you
> not getting completion events?  Some things to check would be that you
> are requesting notification on all the CQs you want events on,

Doh! I must have been having a bit of a Homer moment...

BTW, Or Gerlitz reckons there is a performance penalty for using multiple
CQs.  The reason I'm interested in separate CQs is to avoid CQ overflow as I
add connections.  On other stacks (Voltaire, Cisco, Silverstorm) I size a
single CQ large enough for 'n' connections (i.e. cluster size - 1), but that
means I have to refuse connections when 'n' have been established.  In one
stack it also stressed vmalloc() and prevented me from using a single
whole-memory mapping.

Is there a consensus?

                Cheers,
                        Eric