[openib-general] 2.6.19-rc4: known unfixed regressions (v3)

Ernst Herzberg earny at net4u.de
Mon Nov 6 18:17:34 PST 2006

On Sunday 05 November 2006 07:48, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> Subject    : ThinkPad R50p: boot fail with (lapic && on_battery)
> Submitter  : Ernst Herzberg <earny at net4u.de>
> Status     : problem is being debugged

Update:

2.6.19-rc4-git11 does _not_ fix the problem.

But now it doesn't matter if Cardbus/PCMCIA is compiled in or not.

What also matters is a setting in the BIOS:

If i set instead of

Power ->
   SpeedStep ->
      Mode for AC -    "Max Performance"
      Mode for Battery "Max Battery"

Power ->
   SpeedStep ->
      Mode for AC -    "Max Battery"
      Mode for Battery "Max Performance"

he _does_ boot from battery but also on AC...

Also the problem is now(?) not very reliable. Sometimes the boot is successful
even on battery and then the laptop works without a glitch.
This makes it not easier to isolate the problem.

About the reverts of some patches: I'm not, lets say it carefull, an very
experienced git user;-)
What i get is:

# git-revert -n cf4c6a2f27f5db810b69dcb1da7f194489e8ff88
First trying simple merge strategy to revert.
Simple revert fails; trying Automatic revert.
Auto-merging arch/i386/kernel/io_apic.c
merge: warning: conflicts during merge
ERROR: Merge conflict in arch/i386/kernel/io_apic.c

Is somewhere a howto-revert-patches-in-kernel-git-for-raw-beginners?

<earny>