[openib-general] Unusable QP's on CM established connections from gen2 client to gen1 server.

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Nov 9 09:56:06 PST 2006

Bub Thomas wrote:
> As soon as I do so I get a 0x81 VAPI_RETRY_EXC_ERR when trying to send
> from the gen1 or a vendor_err 0x81 when trying to send from the gen2 side.

It sounds like there's an issue with the QP configuration.  Maybe there's a
difference between which byte-order the QP attributes are specified?

>              rq_psn: 5571589
>
>              sq_psn: 15025863
>
>         dest_qp_num: 10814473

Can you verify the byte order for the values above?

I didn't see the local qp_num listed.

>          pkey_index: 3

This isn't necessarily a problem, but I usually see a pkey index of 0.  Are you
running with multiple partitions on your subnet?  What pkey value does this
equate to? (cat /sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/ports/1/pkeys/3)

>            port_num: 16384

Is the displayed port_num valid?

> Gen1 server QP state.
>
>              qp_num: 10814473
>
>              rq_psn: 15025863
>
>              sq_psn: 5571589
>
>         dest_qp_num: 200

Can you verify the qp_num on the remote side?

>             pkey_ix: 28

This index looks unlikely.

>                port: 460

Is this value valid?