[openib-general] Unusable QP's on CM established connections from gen2 client to gen1 server.

Bub Thomas thomas.bub at thomson.net
Fri Nov 10 09:27:32 PST 2006

Sean,
I had a bug in my debug printout so that the value at the end where
showing up wrong.
Find enclosed the values after corrections in the printout.
I see all your questionable values in a good shape now.
I tried to increase the retry_count but without success. In fact the
maximum value I could set was 7.

The only thing that worries me is the timeout of 1 for the gen2 stack
which is 12 for the gen1 stack.
Is there a way to increase this?

Question about psn:
In my gen1 application I have no place where I explicitly the psn's. The
psn's are either set by qp creation or the cm kernel code (I don't know
and care it works!)
In my gen2 code I copied an example where the
ib_cm_req_param.starting_psn is explicitly set to the qp_num and the
qp_attr.rq_psn is set to qp_num in the transition from Rts to Rtr.
Whithout that last setting in Rts to Rtr even gen2 to gen2 does not
work.
Is there something that I'm missing?

Thomas

Gen1 Bad Server
(0xb75f5a80) sv.c:2168 getQpAttributes qp_state: 3
                              en_sqd_asyn_notif: 0
                                    sq_draining: 0
                                         qp_num: 1442826
                            remote_atomic_flags: 7
                                           qkey: 0
                                       path_mtu: 4
                                 path_mig_state: 0
                                         rq_psn: 8693334
                                         sq_psn: 3867654
                                 qp_ous_rd_atom: 4
                                ous_dst_rd_atom: 4
                                  min_rnr_timer: 27
                             cap.max_oust_wr_sq: 200
                             cap.max_oust_wr_rq: 200
                             cap.max_sg_size_sq: 28
                             cap.max_sg_size_rq: 28
                         cap.max_inline_data_sq: 460
                                    dest_qp_num: 3867654
                                    sched_queue: 0
                                        pkey_ix: 0
                                           port: 1
                                    av.subnetId: 0
                                        av.guid: 0
                                          av.sl: 0
                                        av.dlid: 3
                               av.src_path_bits: 105
                                 av.static_rate: 0
                                    av.grh_flag: 0
                               av.traffic_class: 0
                                   av.hop_limit: 0
                                  av.flow_label: 0
                                  av.sgid_index: 0
                                        av.port: 0
                                        timeout: 12
                                    retry_count: 6
                                      rnr_retry: 6
                                    alt_pkey_ix: 0
                                       alt_port: 0
                                    av.subnetId: 0
                                        av.guid: 0
                                          av.sl: 0
                                    alt_av.dlid: 0
                           alt_av.src_path_bits: 0
                             alt_av.static_rate: 0
                                alt_av.grh_flag: 0
                           alt_av.traffic_class: 0
                               alt_av.hop_limit: 0
                              alt_av.flow_label: 0
                              alt_av.sgid_index: 0
                                    alt_av.port: 0
                                    alt_timeout: 0
Gen2 Bad Client
(0x41001940) sv2.c:1520 queryQpState qp_num: 3867654
                                   qp_state: 3
                               cur_qp_state: 3
                                   path_mtu: 4
                             path_mig_state: 0
                                       qkey: 131079
                                     rq_psn: 3867654
                                     sq_psn: 8693334
                                dest_qp_num: 1442826
                            qp_access_flags: 14
                            cap.max_send_wr: 256
                            cap.max_recv_wr: 256
                           cap.max_send_sge: 29
                           cap.max_recv_sge: 30
                       cap.max_inline_data: 460
             ah_attr.grh.dgid.subnet_prefix: 80fe
              ah_attr.grh.dgid.interface_id: d17960304f10800
                     ah_attr.grh.flow_label: 0
                     ah.attr.grh.sgid_index: 0
                      ah.attr.grh.hop_limit: 64
                  ah.attr.grh.traffic_class: 0