[openib-general] OFED-1.1: *** stack smashing detected ***: opensm terminated

chris_youb at yahoo.ca chris_youb at yahoo.ca
Thu Nov 9 18:01:25 PST 2006

Setups:

A) Suse 10.0 w/ OFED 1.1
B) Ubuntu 6.10 (native drivers), self compiled opensm from OFED 1.1

Suse - I've successfully setup opensm on the Suse system and it appears to be running fine (has been for days).

Ubuntu - Thanks to Roland D. I setup the ib drivers on a new Ubuntu 6.10 box.  I've also compiled opensm from OFED-1.1.  It runs, allocates LIDs and otherwise appears OK.  But it terminates after a minute as follows:

*** stack smashing detected ***: opensm terminated
Aborted (core dumped)

Observations: On the Suse system I periodically get "MAD received with unsupported base version 0" in the console window but it continues on.  On the Ubuntu box I never see them, except in /var/log/messages I get "ib_mad: MAD received with unsupported base version 0" around the same time it crashes.  But that could be coincidence.

Questions: I looked into the stack smashing message and it appears to be a safety check from gcc, which could be a false positive?  Anyways, I am running gcc 4.1.2.  Is there a way to:

A) confirm if this is an error (what do I need to provide)
B) turn off this check via a compiler flag (in the case of a false positive).

Thanks.

--
This message was sent on behalf of chris_youb at yahoo.ca at openSubscriber.com
http://www.opensubscriber.com/messages/openib-general@openib.org/topic.html