[openib-general] OFED-1.1: *** stack smashing detected ***: opensm terminated

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu Nov 9 19:47:07 PST 2006

"MAD messages received with unsupported base version 0" means the MADs are somehow corrupted. Current (and only) base version is 1.

What HCA are you using ? What firmware ?

As far as the stack smashing goes, it would be nice to know the file and line number where this occurred. There have been several bugs recently fixed which might relate to this. Using the -fstack-protector argument (add to CFLAGS) to compile in automatic buffer overflow protection and seeing what errors or warnings are generated might be instructive.

-- Hal