[openib-general] librdmacm

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Sun Nov 26 21:53:57 PST 2006

Hi vishal.

vishal wrote:

>Hi,
>
>    I have been looking at the example programs provided in the
>librdmacm directory under ofed-1.1. I had a notion that librdmacm
>provides a transport independent interface, yet I could see some
>libibverbs function calls. Could anyone please summarise the
>functionality of librdmacm!
>
>Thanks
>
>Vishal

I'm not an advanced user of the librdmacm, but from my point of view (as
an IB programmer)
librdmacm is a library that provide the functionality to connect 2 QPs
when each one have the active side has the
IPoIB IP of the passive side.
All of the CM negotiation functions and many of the ibv_* verbs are
transparent to the user and being done
by this library.

I hope that this small description was enough ...
Dotan