[openib-general] librdmacm

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Mon Nov 27 07:20:00 PST 2006

The idea is that librdmacm lets you setup IB and IWARP connections using
IPv4 addresses and port numbers.  Once the connection is setup, standard
IB verbs can be used over both IB and IWARP connections.  Some verbs are
transport specific, but for the most part, the main RDMA operations work
over both transports.

This allows applications to run over both transports without needing to
know transport-specific details...

Hope this helps.

Steve.