[openib-general] git stuff

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Tue Nov 28 07:22:44 PST 2006

Michael wrote,

>Yes, it's up to Sean really.

>BTW, one of the things to do if someone wants local sa cache included
in some
>distro would be to discuss, on the list, why is it generally useful:
its not
>just another ULP that you can safely include whatever its review status
is.

>--
>MST

We already had some discussion of this in Tampa. Local SA caching is
very valuable for applications that use the rdma_cm. We already
discussed
and agreed to include it as one of the new features for OFED 1.2.
We have already seen that it provides benefits for scaling connection
establishment using Intel MPI, which uses DAPL and rdma_cm.
Once other MPI's decide to move their connection establishment model to
use rdma_cm
rather than the hack they are currently using, they will also need this
feature
for scalability.
If more discussion is needed, we can certainly have it.

woody