[openib-general] <new>.openfabrics.org names

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue Nov 28 07:54:35 PST 2006

The name "staging.openfabrics.org" was really intended to be
temporary until the old openfabrics.org was taken offline and
replaced with the new one.

My $0.02 is that we should stop using staging.openfabrics.org as soon
as possible and create / start using some new names for the server to
allow for potential transparent service relocation someday.

Here are some new name suggestions that could be done immediately
(with appropriate changes to DNS, apache config, ...and potentially
others):

  * git.openfabrics.org: for all git activity
  * wiki.openfabrics.org: a top-level name for the wiki rather than
burying it under several layers of links on the web site
  * trac.openfabrics.org: if someone creates this name, I volunteer
to finally get off my butt and install trac to see if people like it

These are the old names and would need to be changed in DNS only when
the old server is taken offline / we're ready to move to the new server:

  * openfabrics.org: redirect to www.openfabrics.org, and for mail
traffic
  * www.openfabrics.org: main web site

--