[openib-general] Configuration of sdp

Sean Hubbell shubbell at dbresearch.net
Tue Nov 28 09:04:27 PST 2006

Hello,

  I have a question... we have tested our network on our cluster using
iperf v2.0.2.

Our first test was using Gig-E network and the results were 941 Mbps.
(i.e. iperf -c <ipaddress> and iperf -s)

Our second test was using Gig-E network and the results were 1.05 Mbps
using UDP.
(i.e. iperf -c <ipaddress> -u and iperf -s -u)

Our third test was using IBv4 network and the results was a max of 3.8
Mbps using TCP.
(i.e. iperf -c <ipaddress> -P[1-16] and iperf -s)

Loaded ib_sdp module and then tested:
Our fourth test was using IBv4 network and the results was a max of 4.16
Mbps using UDP.
(i.e. iperf -c <ipaddress> -b1000M -P[1-16] and iperf -s -u)

UNLOADED ib_sdp module and then tested:
Our fourth test was using IBv4 network and the results was a max of 4.16
Mbps using UDP.
(i.e. iperf -c <ipaddress> -b1000M -P[1-16] and iperf -s -u)

My question is what impact would it have on our network if configured
sdp and is there an example of how to configure sdp somewhere on the wiki?

Thanks,

Sean