[openib-general] SDP Protocol Issue Was: Configuration of sdp

Sean Hubbell shubbell at dbresearch.net
Wed Nov 29 08:42:07 PST 2006

Ok, after futher inverstigation, here is what I have found:

socket failed: Address family not supported by protocol

I am assuming when sdp "exchanges" the AF_INET sockets to AF_SDP sockets
that the current code that I am running has a issue or I don't know how
to configure things...

I have running libsdp v. 0.9.0 x86_64 as the rpm from downloaded from
mirror.centos.org running kernel 2.6.9-42.0.3.plus.c4smp

Also, my /etc/libsdp.conf file has the following:

log min-level 1 destination syslog
#use both server * *:*
#use both client * *:*
use sdp client * 10.10.0.0/16:*
use sdp server * 10.10.0.0/16:*

and seems to break all of my TCP connections, regardless if the
interface is 10.10.* Is my configuration correct?

What would you recommend my next step to be? Upgrading my kernel as well
as libsdp to the latest? Also, currently without using sdp I am getting
941 MBps, what do you get when you run using sdp, Karun mentioned that
he is getting double the performance, which is where I am at; needing
better performance from my apps?

Sean