[openib-general] SDP Protocol Issue Was: Configuration of sdp

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Wed Nov 29 09:11:25 PST 2006

Sean Hubbell wrote:
> Ok, after futher inverstigation, here is what I have found:
>
> socket failed: Address family not supported by protocol

Do yo u have sdp loaded. Please try:
lsmod | grep ib_sdp
> I am assuming when sdp "exchanges" the AF_INET sockets to AF_SDP sockets
> that the current code that I am running has a issue or I don't know how
> to configure things...
>
> I have running libsdp v. 0.9.0 x86_64 as the rpm from downloaded from
> mirror.centos.org running kernel 2.6.9-42.0.3.plus.c4smp

I would recommend upgrading libsdp only to the one available from the
git tree at
git clone git://staging.openfabrics.org/git/~eitan/libsdp.git

or still fom SVN:
https://openib.org/svn/gen2/trunk/src/userspace/libsdp

> Also, my /etc/libsdp.conf file has the following:
>
> log min-level 1 destination syslog
> #use both server * *:*
> #use both client * *:*
> use sdp client * 10.10.0.0/16:*
> use sdp server * 10.10.0.0/16:*
>
> and seems to break all of my TCP connections, regardless if the
> interface is 10.10.* Is my configuration correct?

The "both" would have been better in preserving TCP based services as it
falls back to use TCP if SDP does not work.
> What would you recommend my next step to be? Upgrading my kernel as well
> as libsdp to the latest? Also, currently without using sdp I am getting
> 941 MBps, what do you get when you run using sdp, Karun mentioned that
> he is getting double the performance, which is where I am at; needing
> better performance from my apps?

Depends on your apps. If you have many connections of large messages SDP
is a clear win.