[openib-general] git stuff

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Thu Nov 30 00:10:50 PST 2006

> > Yes, that needs to be added. Basically this depends on the multicast changes in
> > SA and these seem to cause crashes in IPoIB, so I'm wating for it to be fixed -
> > otherwise I can do no real work.  An alternative would be for now to take the
> > UCMA code without multicast (that's basically what OFED 1.1 had) and later
> > replace it.
>
> I absolutely agree that we need understand the crashes from the multicast code,
> but so far the crashes have been limited to module unload only.  I don't know
> that that should be a show stopper for including the patches into OFED.

Well, our nightly tests happen to load/unload modules so it is a show-stopper
for us. There's still time till OFED 1.2, let's do it right.

What I consider doing is creating a branch in the ofed git repository
and adding your patches there. This would make it easy for people to
test them without making nightly crash.

> IMO, what's more of a show stopper is that DAPL needs to be updated to the newer
> interface.

So ...

--
MST