[openib-general] Tools for development

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Wed Oct 18 06:35:52 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Jeff Squyres <jsquyres at cisco.com>:
> Does anyone have any sysadmin cycles to do this kind of stuff?  I
> would expect it to be a flurry of activity here in the beginning
> followed by short bursts of activity separated by long periods of
> nothing.

FWIW, I can help out keeping the git tool updated - I'm doing it at
Mellanox now and its quite trivial. In particular, this can be
done without central admin priveledges - git does not need to be suid root, and
its easy to set git up to run from some "git-admin" user's home directory.

Playing with softlinks makes it quite easy for this user to update
git for everyone.

--
MST