[openib-general] APM support in openib stack

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Oct 24 16:04:39 PDT 2006

> 1. does re-enabling Migration (as defined in vol1 of ib spec in
> 17.2.8.1.4) work for you?
> (I mean after the 1st path failure, you do lap/apr packet transfer)

I believe that there's other issues that need to be fixed for this to fully
work.  The ib_cm uses the primary_path specified during connection establishment
to send CM MADs related to that connection.  If the primary_path fails and stays
unavailable, future MADs (e.g. LAP) sent by the CM would also fail.  The CM
records the alternate path, but currently doesn't do anything with it.  It needs
to know when to switch to the alternate path for its MADs.