[openib-general] APM support in openib stack

somenath somenath at veritas.com
Mon Oct 23 17:04:05 PDT 2006

Sean Hefty wrote:

>> 1. does re-enabling Migration (as defined in vol1 of ib spec in
>> 17.2.8.1.4) work for you?
>> (I mean after the 1st path failure, you do lap/apr packet transfer)
>

> I believe that there's other issues that need to be fixed for this to
> fully work.  The ib_cm uses the primary_path specified during
> connection establishment to send CM MADs related to that connection.
> If the primary_path fails and stays unavailable, future MADs (e.g.
> LAP) sent by the CM would also fail.  The CM records the alternate
> path, but currently doesn't do anything with it.  It needs to know
> when to switch to the alternate path for its MADs.
>
> - Sean

any idea when this stuff will get done?
another question: If one brings back the old path (after the first
failure) and use the old path record
to do lap/apr then reenabling migration using LAP/APR should work, right?

next question is: which component is suppossed to change QP state to
REARM? spec just says:
"based on a command from a management entity, the QP state is set to
REARM" .

does the current CM code do it automatically? In my case, its not
happening...

thanks, som.