[openib-general] APM support in openib stack

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Oct 26 01:13:58 PDT 2006

Venkatesh Babu wrote:
> is just saying that alternate path is available. Failover actually
> happens only when primary path's any components like local port or
> remote port or switch port goes down. We should get some events when
> this happens to cause the failover.

 From the CM's perspective, I see that two (independent) things need to occur:

1. The CM itself must failover to the alternate path.
2. The CM must allow loading a new alternate path.

The call ib_send_cm_lap() should be used to load a new alternate path, and would
be independent of failover.  And ib_cm_init_qp_attr() could be used to notify
the CM that failover has occurred, based on the state of the connection.