[openib-general] APM support in openib stack

Venkatesh Babu venkatesh.babu at 3leafnetworks.com
Wed Oct 25 18:25:15 PDT 2006

All the patches are attached to the bugzilla bug reports.

Yes, it is possible to enhance  ib_cm_init_qp_attr(), but it requires a
new parameter *alternate_path and changing it might break the
compatibility with the existing code. So I thought, it is better to add
new interface, so that it won't cause any interference with the existing
code. And also initializing QP attributes for rearming is slightly
different than initializing QP attributes for bringing it up.

is just saying that alternate path is available. Failover actually
happens only when primary path's any components like local port or
remote port or switch port goes down. We should get some events when
this happens to cause the failover.

 VBabu