[openib-general] creating releases for the libraries you own

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Oct 26 01:51:55 PDT 2006

Or Gerlitz wrote:
> Per my understanding there is practically no IB native (ie without
> out-of-band data such as remote gid/lid etc) way to establish RC
> connections with using libibcm. On the other hand librdmacm does provide
> anything needed for apps using IP semantics. This bring the question why
> keep on supporting libibcm?

Mainly because certain users (namely the national labs) want the lower level
access.  Personally, I favor the librdmacm for most users, but since it is an
abstraction it does not currently provide the all of the features that a native
IB interface provides, such as path failover or control over specific multicast
settings.