[openib-general] creating releases for the libraries you own

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Thu Oct 26 01:37:26 PDT 2006

Sean Hefty wrote:
> Tziporet Koren wrote:
>> I want to suggest that you will create releases to the libraries you own
>> (like Roland maintains for libibverbs).
>> This will help us in OFED integration since we will be able to start the
>> release from a known stable version, instead of taking code with unknown
>> stability from svn.
>
> I'm aware of this for libibcm and librdmacm.  I will start a release of
> librdmacm once we have upstream support for a userspace rdma_cm.  I've delayed
> releasing libibcm until there's better userspace support for SA queries, but I
> could be convinced otherwise.

Sean,

Per my understanding there is practically no IB native (ie without
out-of-band data such as remote gid/lid etc) way to establish RC
connections with using libibcm. On the other hand librdmacm does provide
anything needed for apps using IP semantics. This bring the question why
keep on supporting libibcm?

Or.