[openib-general] getting LOC_QP_OP_ERR with IPoIB - mstflint question

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Tue Sep 5 06:36:50 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz at voltaire.com>:
> Subject: Re: getting LOC_QP_OP_ERR with IPoIB - mstflint question
>
> Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> > Donnu, it looks really weird. Could you try firmware 3.5.0 please?
>
> I just noted that you can not work with mstflint if the mthca driver is
> not loaded, i think it was not the case in the gen1 tools, am i correct.

Yes, recent kernels disable device access once driver is unloaded:

mstflint -d 08:00.0 q
*** ERROR *** Read a corrupted device id (0xffff). Probably HW/PCI access
problem
*** ERROR *** Device type 65535 not supported.
*** ERROR *** Can not get flash type using device 08:00.0

mstflint should work without driver using /proc:
mstflint -d /proc/bus/pci/08/00.0 q
Image type:      Failsafe
I.S. Version:    1
Chip Revision:   A0

In gen1 flint had a separate driver which you had to load.
I am not sure whether this would work on 2.6.18

> Is this connected to this print
>
> 	ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:02:00.0 disabled
>
> i see once the mthca driver is unloaded?
>
> Or.

Probably not.

--
MST