[openib-general] libibcm can't connect/talk to libicm on other machine.

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Sep 5 08:12:08 PDT 2006

Hi bub.

Bub Thomas wrote:

> I’m still in the process of migrating my gen1 application to gen2.
>
> Actually I CAN connect a gen2 application to a gen2 listener
> application on the same machine but NOT to a gen 2 listener on another
> machine.
>
> Any hints where to look at?
>
> Is there anything in the architecture that might prevent a libibcm
> connection to another machine?
>
> I’m using an old Voltaire switch to connect the machines. Can this be
> the reason?
>
> The switch didn’t cause problems using gen1 clients.

What is the problem that you see?
there are some examples that comes with the libibcm that can show you
how to use the library.

there can be several reasons for your problem:
1) side A send a req when side B is not ready and there is a timeout failure
2) only in side A the ib_ucm kernel module enabled
3) SM is not working (well)
4) host A cannot be reached to host B using IB
5) endianess issues?

i tried to use the libibcm and i don't have any problem (but i don't
have any Voltaire switch, so i can't check your scenario).

Dotan