[openib-general] ibv_poll_cq after ibv_post_send does not work

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Wed Sep 6 22:31:40 PDT 2006

Hi Thomas.

Bub Thomas wrote:

> I’m still in the process of porting my gen1 code to gen2.
>
> As mentioned yesterday I can connect to a listener on the same machine
> using libibcm.
>
> Doing this I have to do the ibv_modify_qp by myself to get the qp’s
> from INIT via RTR to RTS on both sides.
>
> At least the ibv_modify_qp doesn not complain when having done the
> connection via the libibcm.
>
> So my assumption is I have my two qp’s successfully connected.
>
> First action after the connection is the listener to wait on it’s
> receive cq for an IBV_WR_SEND done by the connector.
>
> Here is now the problem:
>
> · The listener never gets a completion
>
> · The connector doing the IBV_WR_SEND does get error on the send cq like
> opcode=0x7f status=0x5 vendor_err=129 for the first IBV_WR_SEND and
> opcode=0x7f status=0xc vendor_err=129 for all sub-sequent attempt to
> send the data
>
> Is there anyone out there who can help me out to understand the error
> codes and or to understand what is wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance from Germany
>
> Thomas

Which QP do you use (RC/UC/UD)?

do you get any completion in the connector side?

If you are using RC QP:
the reason for not getting any completion in the CQ is that

Did you post any RR (Receive Request) at the listener side?
rnr_retry =7 means that in case of RNR retry there will be infinite retries

if the timeout = 0 and the remote QP is not ready then there won't be
any retransmition.

Dotan