[openib-general] ibv_poll_cq after ibv_post_send does not work

Bub Thomas thomas.bub at thomson.net
Thu Sep 7 08:29:55 PDT 2006

Dotan,
Find my answers inline.
Since I could get the cmpost example from Sean compiled and running I
will try to compare cmpost.c with my code and find the bugs in my code
this way.
I will keep your connect_qp example for the case that I can't find the
problems the other way.
Thanks
Thomas

Which QP do you use (RC/UC/UD)?

[Bub] Rc
do you get any completion in the connector side?

[Bub] Only the the errors

If you are using RC QP:
the reason for not getting any completion in the CQ is that

Did you post any RR (Receive Request) at the listener side?

[Bub] yes
rnr_retry =7 means that in case of RNR retry there will be infinite
retries

[Bub] rnr_retry is at 4

if the timeout = 0 and the remote QP is not ready then there won't be
any retransmition.
[Bub] I have the timeout at 254

Dotan