[openib-general] RDMA question

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue Sep 12 07:45:50 PDT 2006

Hi Makia,

On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 09:56, Makia Minich wrote:
> I'm looking for some information on whether or not you can set a service
> level for RDMA packets

What API or ULP are you planning on using ? Sounds like you are planning
on using verbs directly. Is this userspace or kernel ?

>  (as a way to start working on a QoS design).

What do you mean by "QoS design" here ?

> So, does anyone:
>  * know if this already works?
>  * have an example of setting it?
> or
>  * know if this could possibly work?

OpenSM (on the trunk or OFED 1.1) supports configuring QoS in a coarse
manner.

It looks to me like SL is supported in the AH attribute which can be set
for an RC QP so you should be able to do this from user verbs. Not sure
if this has been tried or not.

It can be used with certain ULPs. I've done it with IPoIB. It is
possible with others as well.

-- Hal