[openib-general] cmpost establisehd connections are very fragile!?

Bub Thomas thomas.bub at thomson.net
Tue Sep 12 07:55:25 PDT 2006

Sean,
got my libibverbs/libibcm code working on SLES9 x86_64 after following
all the tricks in cmpost.c
What I don't understand why the local_cm_response_timeout set to 254
instead of 20 can block IBV_WR_SEND from client to server while the
opposite direction from server to client works!?
You don't have a more detailed description to the libibcm parameters?
There are a lot more that I don't understand. ;-)

After having a running gen2 example I moved to my final distribution
which is SLES 10 x86_64. I have to do this since I have to use a 32 Bit
executable for 32-Bit and 64 Bit machines and this is supported in OFED
from SLES10 onwards.

Coming back to the fragile connection I encountered the same issue where
the client can't do an IBV_WR_SEND to the server. This time both your
cmpost example and my code failed. I tried to reduce the
local_cm_response_timeout to 10 but thuis did not help at all.

All above is done for 64-Bit executables.

Interesting enough the 32 Bit executable of cmpost and my own build on a
x86 SLES9  machine did not have the IBV_WR_SEND trouble.

Thanks in advance for enlighten me. ;-)
Thomas Bub