[openib-general] patch trouble

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Sun Sep 17 13:31:53 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Bryan Green <bgreen at nas.nasa.gov>:
> Is there a great discrepancy between the git repository and the svn
> repository?  If I am downloading the kernel modules from subversion, should I
> still use the patchset from the git repository?

*Please* do not use svn trunk code for production.
You want either kernel.org code or the OFED git repository for everything.
kernel code in subversion is being deprecated.

> What about putting a source
> tar file for openib up for download?

Putting anything up for dowload on openib site is very hard -
we mostly stick binary files in svn.

> There is currently only a source tarball
> for libibverbs, while ofed is too RPM-centric.

Not really. Please try the following:

Get the ofed tarball here
https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/1.1/ofed/releases/
and unpack it.
Take this file: SOURCES/openib-1.1.tgz
That's all of subversion + git all nicely packed up.

You can run configure and make there and it mostly works as expected.

There's also install.sh script that wraps these two and also
adds some convenient softlinks and such goodies.

Let me know how it goes. BTW, which distro are you using?

--
MST