[openib-general] Reuse pd amd mr

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Sep 18 07:49:28 PDT 2006

    john> Hi I have two HCA cards each having one port. I want to use
    john> same memory buffer to store packets arriving on the two
    john> ports. Can I do this, meaning can I use same pd (protection
    john> domain) and mr (memory registration) for the two QPs (one QP
    john> on each port), though the context (i.e. ib device) for each
    john> QP is different?

No, a PD belongs to a specific device.  However nothing prevents you
from creating one PD for each device, and two MRs (one for each
device, each using one of those two PDs) that cover the same memory.

 - R.