[openib-general] Reuse pd amd mr

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Mon Sep 18 07:50:09 PDT 2006

john t wrote:
> Hi Dotan,
>
> This may be a very basic question. When u said "QPs can listen/send
> the packets on any port and write to the same MR", does it mean QPs
> can listen/send packets to any port on the same HCA or to also ports
> on different HCA ?
You are right, i wasn't clear enough (sorry)...

What i  meant was that you can work with more than one QP in an HCA,
each QP can send/recv messages on a different port (every QP is working
with only one port).

A QP is a resource in the HCA, hence a QP in HCA1 cannot listen/send
packets to the port of HCA2.
If you wish, your SW can handle all of the HCAs: you can open a QP for
every port in every HCA( total QPs:  #HCAs * #Ports ).

i hope i was more clear this time ...
Dotan