[openib-general] DAPL setup/config help

Troy Telford ttelford.groups at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 14:19:02 PDT 2006

I've never set up dapl before, however I now have a reason to try...

The problem is, I can't seem to find any documentation on how to set it
up.  I've tried the sample /etc/dat.conf (modified for the IPoIB address
on the system), but I'm not sure I've been sucessful.

I've:
* compiled from OFED 1.0
* verified the library paths listed in /etc/dat.conf are correct
* I do know that things like IP over IB, MVAPICH, Open MPI, etc. work
fine; but they're not using DAPL
* tried the 'dapltest' and 'dtest' programs.

In both cases, I receive an error to the extent of:
DAT_PROVIDER_NOT_FOUND DAT_NAME_NOT_REGISTERED

Can anybody point me in the right direction (so I can RTFM and get on with
life?)