[openib-general] 2.6.18 kernel support in the main trunk.

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Thu Sep 28 09:58:06 PDT 2006

James wrote,
>As a user of the SVN repository, I'm confused about what this means
>going forward.

>Are you going to completely remove the mthca and ipath code from SVN
>or just stop updating the code that is there?

I have said this before, but I will repeat myself once again.
I really do not care where the latest code is, but there needs
to be ONE place where we can get all the latest code for development
and testing. Right now there are three branches, SVN which has some
of Sean's latest changes, Rolands git tree, and the OFED git tree.
All three of these have slightly different code bases and thus
there is no one "latest" code base anymore and that is really
confusing for people trying to use and test with the latest code
to make sure their components work properly.
It also multiplies the testing efforts, do we test with the SVN version,
the OFED version, Roland's version.
As an ISV of a 3rd party ULP (Intel MPI) this is making my life
much more difficult than it should be.
Please get your act together and lets get back to ONE database
for the trunk code. I can live with having a branch for OFED
releases as I see the need to branch and stabilize periodically
for releases, but having 2 different development trees (Rolands git tree
and SVN)
for development is not working very well.

my 2 cents.

woody