[openib-general] 2.6.18 kernel support in the main trunk.

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Sep 28 10:31:07 PDT 2006

 > I have said this before, but I will repeat myself once again.
 > I really do not care where the latest code is, but there needs
 > to be ONE place where we can get all the latest code for development
 > and testing.

I'll repeat my usual response: the notion of a single "latest" tree
doesn't match reality, and any attempt to coerce things into that mold
just causes problems.  There's not necessarily any correlation between
the newest ipath code and Sean's RDMA CM.

git (or any other true distributed SCM system) makes this easier to
handle: you can easily merge the branches you're interested in trying
into your local tree.

 - R.