[openib-general] 2.6.18 kernel support in the main trunk.

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at pathscale.com
Thu Sep 28 10:43:20 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 09:58 -0700, Woodruff, Robert J wrote:

> I have said this before, but I will repeat myself once again.
> I really do not care where the latest code is, but there needs
> to be ONE place where we can get all the latest code for development
> and testing. Right now there are three branches, SVN which has some
> of Sean's latest changes, Rolands git tree, and the OFED git tree.

If you want to focus on one thing to test, use Linus's current git tree
or a release candidate tarball from it.  That way, all of the extraneous
cruft that sits in SVN doesn't matter until someone actually submits it,
and everyone has a shared understanding of what bits to bang on.  The
OFED tree gets built from what's in Linus's tree, so if something gets
fixed in Linus's tree, the fix will percolate into OFED.

This might lose you the ability to look in a single place to test stuff
like SDP that's not yet upstream, but as far as I'm concerned, that's
*good*.  At least you'll then know for sure "I'm testing something that
is different from what other people are working with".

	<b