[openib-general] 2.6.18 kernel support in the main trunk.

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at pathscale.com
Fri Sep 29 10:24:27 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 12:26 -0400, James Lentini wrote:

> Balkanizing the OFA repository into corporate repositories would be a
> mistake.

Nobody is suggesting this.  However, separating the mess that is the
current SVN trunk into a set of well-understood branches, each of which
sees some testing by its authors in isolation, can *only* be a good
thing for ensuring a higher-quality OF process in general.

>  It is likely that companies will restrict developers at HCA
> vendor X from contributing code to HCA vendor Y's repository.

I doubt it.  As a practical matter, having your driver in the kernel
tree means it's open season for anyone who wants to take a crack at it.
Just look at the number of IB/10gbE/iWarp hardware vendors that have
fingerprints all over each other's code in drivers/infiniband/hw for an
example.

	<b