[openib-general] 2.6.18 kernel support in the main trunk.

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at pathscale.com
Thu Sep 28 11:00:41 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 10:53 -0700, Woodruff, Robert J wrote:

> Perhaps we need our own Pathforward tree for this, but we would
> rather not have to maintain a separate tree for this work
> and would prefer the model that we used over the last couple of
> years, where there was one main trunk development branch.

I understand your desire to have a single tree, but it's just not
feasible.  For Pathforward, you have presumably got a bunch of features
to deal with that as a non-Pathforward participant I don't want to be
troubled by as I try to assure that the ipath driver is in reasonable
shape.

And really, I think that if you give it a try, you will not find
maintaining a git or whatever tree to be much work; in fact, it's vastly
easier in my experience than having a rat's nest of unrelated things all
artificially crammed into a single branch.

	<b