[openib-general] 2.6.18 kernel support in the main trunk.

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Thu Sep 28 11:11:10 PDT 2006

Bryan wrote,
>I understand your desire to have a single tree, but it's just not
>feasible.  For Pathforward, you have presumably got a bunch of features
>to deal with that as a non-Pathforward participant I don't want to be
>troubled by as I try to assure that the ipath driver is in reasonable
>shape.

Given that people like the Labs are the customers that buy your
hardware, you should be concerned that your driver works with the
features that they want, even if you are not a pathforward
participant.  If not, and your driver does not work,
they will just buy someone else's
hardware that does work with those features. So it is really in
your best interest to have a working driver in the same
development tree that is being used for the Pathforward development,
right now that is SVN.

woody