[openib-general] 2.6.18 kernel support in the main trunk.

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Sep 28 14:30:42 PDT 2006

Roland Dreier wrote:
> Not to be difficult -- but I disagree.  I think this statement doesn't
> actually make sense, because: ** what does "latest" mean?? **

I think this is more a matter of whether there's a single, "main" development
branch somewhere, or if one even needs to exist.

> Well, I think that's sort of reasonable, except that it has to be more
> than one git branch.  All the in-process stuff should be on logically
> separate "topic branches".

agreed

> I'm happy to create branches in my git tree for any
> other patch sets for developers who don't want to use git or don't
> have a place to host things.

Someday soon I hear, OFA will be able to host git repositories, so my preference
is to delay any svn to git transition until then.  (I cannot host git from
inside Intel's firewall, nor can I access a git repository which isn't hosted at
kernel.org.)  How would you handle merging in changes from the main branch to
side branches?