[ofa-general] [ANNOUNCE] libibverbs 1.1-rc2 released

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Apr 5 10:24:33 PDT 2007

I just tagged the 1.1-rc2 release of libibverbs and pushed it out to
my git tree on kernel.org:

    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/libs/infiniband/libibverbs.git

(the name of the tag is libibverbs-1.1-rc2).

[actual I did this yesterday but forgot to send the announcement...]

I've also copied a tarball into my home directory on openfabrics.org,
with sha1sum:

    2ba097c270cfdc3d47486b975e775c734cc1d323  libibverbs-1.1-rc2.tar.gz

I would appreciated it if someone with access could move this into the
right directory to appear in <http://www.openfabrics.org//downloads/>

This release is the second release candidate for a major release cycle
for libibverbs, so full compatibility with earlier libibverbs 1.0
releases is not preserved.  Low-level device drivers will need to be
rebuilt to work with libibverbs 1.1.  However, a versioned ABI is
provided so that applications dynamically linked with libibverbs 1.0
should work.  I don't know of any major source level incompatibilities
that would prevent an application that compiles against libibverbs 1.0
from building and working with libibverbs 1.1.

I believe that libibverbs 1.1 is quite stable, since prereleases of
the 1.1 tree have been shipped in the OFED 1.2 prereleases without any
significant bug reports, and no major changes have gone into the tree
for quite some time.  Therefore I think a realistic schedule would be
libibverbs 1.1 final in one week (April 11).  So please test and let
me know if there's anything you believe needs to do in before
libibverbs 1.1 is released.

A git shortlog of the changes since libibverbs-1.1-rc1 is below:

Roland Dreier (5):
      Bump version number to 1.1-rc2-pre1
      Update README now that 1.1 ABI is (semi-)frozen
      Print warning if memlock limit is low
      Clean up spec file
      Roll libibverbs 1.1-rc2 release