[ofa-general] Re: re [NET]: Fix neighbour destructor handling

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Tue Apr 10 07:34:59 PDT 2007

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Bonding is basically broken for IPoIB, both before and after this patch.
> And BTW, while Moni's patch seems to make things crash less frequently for him,
> it does not really fix this. I hope he'll post something more robust
> before OFED 1.2 is out.

I did followed most of the discussions between you and MoniS re the
ipoib/bonding integration in OFED 1.2 and elsewhere, however: i don't
see why "bonding is basically broken for ipoib", if you don't mind,
please tell me the bottom line from your perspective.

I do want to get progress with ipoib/bonding using the patchset to
bonding I have posted to netdev and MoniS ipoib neigh_cleanup patch.

Taking your brokenness claim into account, i will first post an RFC to
the openib general list so we can discuss it first there.

Or.